- Two characters per player, one standard Tier 1 Hunter character, the other can be any nWoD type (pending review).
- Human characters can acquire appropriate supernatural templates at a later time, as experience and circumstances allow (eq, a character who dies may have the option of becoming a Geist).
- Supernatural characters will run a high risk of running into their appropriate problems.
- Vampires will likely be questioned by the prince of the city, their clan, someone else, or all of the above as to why they are associating with a group of Hunters.
- Mages, in addition to dealing with Paradox, will likely be pursued by the Seers at inopportune times.
- Werewolves will also be questioned by their pack or tribe as to their association with Hunters, and have to deal with the Gauntlet being breached.
- Geists will need to deal with their limited time, as well as losing synergy between their mortal self and their Geist.
- Changelings always have the threat of the True Fey looking for them.
- Promethians will have to deal with building disquiet and the angry mob that follows.
These problems will not necessarily be dealt with in the course of the game. Help can always be asked for, but if other characters refuse to take the risk, that character will have to sit out until the problem is dealt with out of game. Just because one character is better or more experienced doesn’t mean it is the best choice for the task at hand. Alternating characters at least each scenario is recommended to avoid notoriety and these problems.
- Changing to your other character can take place at any time that the current character is at the Hideout/Haven.
- Experience will be gained on a per-scene basis for the character who does the majority of the effort in that scene. At the end of a scenario, a completion experience reward will be given to all characters, as some of the knowledge of what happened is shared with the rest of the group (ie inactive characters). This, combined with alternating characters regularly, should keep the entire group at roughly the same power level.
- Characters should be posted on the Characters page.